On top of the Maremma. Hermitage of San Guglielmo
In the forest between Badiola and Buriano is hidden, between rows of lovely cypresses, the hermitage of San Gugliemo d'Acquitania, a special place of worship and spirituality. Here, in the spot where Mary appeared to San Guglielmo, was built a church at the end of the 16th century, with fascinating and delicate ex-votos, that still represents a pilgrimage destination today. In fact, only once a year on the second Easter Sunday, the community of Buriano gathers to start the pilgrimage that leads, through the Mediterranean vegetation, to the church of Romitorio. The spirituality here is palpable, also because Romitorio is situated in a very specific spot with a unique panoramic view that includes Castiglione della Pescaia and the reserve of Diaccia Botrona, Argentario, the Tuscan archipelago and up north the coast of Corsica and the gulf of Bolgheri.
The experience On top of the Maremma includes:
- participation to the pilgrimage with departure from L'Andana, to reach on foot the Hermitage, 1 hour walking with a forest guide
- a delicious picnic lunch prepared by our Chef Omar Agostini, in the surrounding of the Hermitage. Possibility to buy the "Corollo" a typical cake made in occasion of the pilgrimage, the full profit will be donated to the community
- a relaxing aromatherapy massage of 50 minutes at our SPA ESPA
- free access at the ESPA wellness centre: vitality swimming pool with sea salt, water massage and waterfalls, indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room with aromatherapy and chromotherapy, gym equipped with Technogym
- for children possibility to access to the Kid's club with a surcharge
Euro 165,00 per person, for a minimum of 2 people - Valid from 12th to 16th April 2013
The programme does not include the accommodation fees, which vary according to the type of room chosen at L'Andana or Casa Badiola Golf House. We suggest a minimum of 2 nights stay.